The new services, which will begin on 19 February, will be delivered under the NSW Government’s Growth Services Program, which delivers more bus services for customers when and where they’re needed.
"As the Hills District continues to grow, we need to make sure that we are delivering enough bus services to meet the needs of the community," Mr Williams said.
"The new services will be added to routes that not only connect people across the District, but also to the major employment centres of Sydney, Parramatta and Macquarie Park.
"In addition to adding services to existing routes, a brand new Route 605 from North Kellyville to Rouse Hill Town Centre will be created."
The new services will be introduced across 7 routes:
• Route 605 North Kellyville to Rouse Hill Town Centre (Over 160 services)
• Route 607X Rouse Hill to City via M2 (125 services)
• Routes 610, 610X, M61 Rouse Hill and Castle Hill to City via M2 (over 110 services)
• Route 615X North Kellyville to City via M2 (30 services)
• Route 619 Rouse Hill to Macquarie Park via Castle Hill and M2 (Over 70 services)
• Route 621 Castle Hill to City via Cherrybrook and Macquarie Park (Over 50 services)
• Routes T65, T66 Rouse Hill Town Centre to Parramatta via T-way (130 services)
The Growth Services Program will bring over 1700 new services online across Sydney in the coming weeks, boosting bus frequency and extending hours, particularly in areas of high population growth. Services will also be added to bus routes in the Illawarra, Hunter, and Central Coast.
More than 1100 of these new services will be introduced across the Hills District.
Customers can go online and use the trip planner at transportnsw.info, plan trips by downloading real-time transport apps, and customers can receive bus service updates for their area by following @BusesNorthWest on Twitter or phoning the Transport Info Line on 131 500.read more
The electorate of Castle Hill has secured grant funding of $199,519 for a total of 9 projects as part of the NSW Government’s 2016 Community Building Partnership (CBP) program.
Member for Castle Hill Ray Williams has commended police in the Hills Local Area Command for their exceptional work in fighting local crime. read more
Bus services in the Northwest are set for a major boost with introduction of 170 additional weekly bus services for customers starting from 7 November. read more
Bus services in Castle Hill are set for a boost with introduction of 105 additional weekly bus services for customers starting from 7 November.